While head lice is often associated with young children, it’s not uncommon for colleges to experience infestations as well.
Students living in dorms are in close proximity and often share or mistakenly use items of their roomies. To help avoid lice:
- Don’t share items that touch the head such as hats, headphones, pillows, brushes and hoodies.
- Athletes should take extra precaution. Whether you’re a varsity player or joining a pick-up game, avoid sharing helmets, equipment and towels.
- Keep laundry separate – while lice don’t live for long on clothes, there’s no point in saving a few quarters at the risk of spreading lice.
If there is a lice breakout, don’t panic. Head lice can be uncomfortable and a nuisance but it’s very treatable: with clinics in West Hartford, Orange and the Hudson Valley, Lice Clinics of America is a short drive away from many area colleges.
No need to worry about exhaustive combing or nasty chemicals. Our one-hour, one-visit treatment using our patented Air AirAllé device kills lice and eggs through dehydration. The device, which was invented by scientists at the University of Utah, kills lice and eggs through a specific combination of temperature, airflow, time and technique.
Call us today at (866) 470-4360 or book an appointment here.
And two key points to keep in mind:
- You and your roommates should be checked and get treatment if needed.
- Tell your floor mates ! Head lice can happen to anyone – spread the word to stop further infestation